SciBit

Forums
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:45 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:35 pm 
Site Admin

It gives us great pride to announce the release of MyComponents V4.5 native Delphi/Kylix VCL suite. This update includes mainly fixes to issues as it has been reported to Support and on this and other forums as well as Delphi 2007 packages, help, apis and demos.

This update is free of charge for all customers whom own a 2005.4.x MyComponents serial. Everyone still using a pre-2005.4 MyComponents may upgrade to the newest version by logging into their Secure accounts: simply click the Secure link at the top of this page.

Previous articles concerning MyComponents 4.x are:
MyComponents 2005.4.4 released
MyComponents 2005.4.3 released
MyComponents 2005.4.2 released
MyComponents 2005.4.1 released
MyComponents 2005.4.0 released

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:01 am 
Advanced

Congratulations on the new version.
Is there anywhere I can view a comprehensive changes history for the new update? I've looked through the source files and the only listed change I can find is in MySQLDataset.pas:
Code:
2006.4.5.0 (2007-03-20)
Delphi 2007 Support

I was expecting the 'Order by Index' (as I have called it) property to be added to the Table component as promised in this thread: http://forum.scibit.com/viewtopic.php?t=375

Please correct me if I'm not looking in the right place for this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:41 am 
Site Admin

JB,

No, you are looking in the correct place. Changes are prepended to each source file as it happens so any developer knows exactly what happened in the file before they start editing and also can do a search on the list before they implement something which has been tried and changed before.

However, even though we planned the Index feature for 2007Q1, this has turned out to be more complex than initially thought and it had to be bumped to Q2. Main problem is the fact that anyone can override (and or type ANY SQL they would like in the SQL property, e.g. subselects, joins, scripts instead of single statements, etc). So it is extremely complicated to "inject" an order by clause at a point when nothing is yet known of the columns being selected. I.e. before the SQL is executed, the dataset have not received any info from MySQL yet about the contents thereof.

Of course, one way to go about it is to simply search for or append an Order By to the last "select" SQL in the script with the property value and "hope for the best", i.e. hope one does not mess up the developer's SQL. Alternatively, to replace a special macro with the Order By property value, ex. much like [$TABLENAME]. We're still investigating these and other possibilities taking into consideration not to degrade the rest of the functionality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:55 am 
Advanced

That makes perfect sense to me.
Thanks for the progress update.